It’s a question most homeowners face at some point. Window replacement is an expensive proposition, particularly if you have a home with many windows. Is it necessary? Is it a wise investment? Will it impact the value of my home? Will it impact my energy bills and the comfort within my home. All very important questions.
Given the expense, disruption and impact to the home’s value, the decision to purchase an install replacement windows is not taken lightly by most consumers. There are a number of factors that should be considered when deciding if you want to go to the time and expense of replacing your windows. A U.S. Building materials company recently conducted consumer reseach to identify the factors that contribute to a homeowners decison to replace windows.
Five reasons were identified that would be key considerations for a consumer evaluating the need for replacement windows:[dmrow cl=”vpad”][dmcol cl=”s12 l6 dd-mh”][dmb icl=”r” img=”https://www.quantapanel.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/image001a.jpg”][/dmb][/dmcol][dmcol cl=”s12 l6 dd-mh”]
- The existing windows are in poor condition and beyond repair (e.g., rotted, rusted, etc.).
- The existing windows do not operate as intended (sashes do not stay in place or do not open and close as intended).
- The homeowner wants to change the home’s appearance.
- The homeowner wants to enhance the comfort level (warmer in winter, cooler in summer, eliminate drafts).
- The homeowner wants to save money by lowering annual heating and cooling costs.